BOURTON ON THE WATER
|Home | Our Approach | Bedrooms | Facilities | Rates | Availability | Activities | Cottages | Contact
Accessibility Statement for Cranbourne House
You can download the following Accessibility Statement as a PDF by clicking here >
Welcome to Cranbourne House. Cranbourne House was built in the 1920's and is a lovely character Cotswold stone house with adjacent annexe. We are situated within the village of Bourton-on-the-Water a few hundred yards walk over pavements from the village centre down a gentle incline. We offer 6 ensuite bedrooms, four in the main house and two in the annexe. One bedroom in the main house is a downstairs room. One of the annexe bedrooms is a twin room.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- You can contact us for availability or bookings via telephone , e-mail or directly through our web site where we accept on line bookings and payment.
- We are immediately opposite the bus stop for local services to the surrounding villages and to Cheltenham and Cirencester; we aim to have up to date copies of the local bus timetables for guests to consult.
- The nearest train stations are at Kingham and Moreton in Marsh which are 15 minutes by car/ taxi. Cheltenham station is 30 minutes away by car/ taxi.
- We can provide details of local taxi or chauffeur companies on request
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
- There is car parking immediately adjacent to the accommodation for a maximum of six cars (1 per room) but space is limited and when full the access around the cars is restricted. Further parking is available in the village centre.
- The driveway is gravel with paving adjacent to the front door and running between the main house and the annexe.
- The driveway and ground are a level surface.
- The driveway and entrances are lit at night.
- We can provide assistance with reasonable sized luggage on request.
- The entrance is through the front door to the property with a pull type front door bell; there is a small step and threshold here. There is an alternative entrance adjacent to the parking area which can be used by guests (this has a push button bell); there is a threshold but no step here.
- Guests are greeted on arrival and shown their rooms. An explanation of facilities is provided. Any special requirements or questions can be discussed at this stage.
- During your stay access to the property is via door key provided with your room key. If there is no one obviously in attendance then please ring the bell adjacent to the kitchen door: alternatively emergency contact numbers are provided at the front of the guest information folder in each room.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- 3 upstairs rooms are reached by stairway from the hall. The stairs are well lit with a handrail and one 1/4 turn onto a wide landing. The downstairs bedroom is accessed via the dining room or directly through a conservatory.
- All rooms have the names on the doors and have key access. Bedroom doors are fire doors and therefore quite heavy.
- The entrance to the annexe is 20ft from the main house accessed by an identical key to the main house and with a single step and threshold. Both bedrooms are up a single flight of stairs with 1/4 turn and handrail.
- All stairs and landings are carpeted. The hall is wooden flooring with matting by the entrance doors and a single, well retained, carpet runner.
- There is a lounge and dining room accessed from the hall and a further conservatory reached through the dining room. All rooms are on the ground floor level. The dining room & hall is wood strip flooring, the lounge is carpeted and the conservatory has a stone floor. There is a small threshold to the door into the conservatory.
- Guests are free to use all the public rooms through the day and a range of seating is provided.
- There is a TV in the lounge along with a selection of books, games and DVDs.
- There is mobile phone reception in the property but guests can use the house phone by arrangement. There will be a small charge for this.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away & Cafe
- There is a small cloakroom on the ground floor for guest use. The cloakroom is accessed from the conservatory and is on the ground floor level.
- There are public toilets in the village centre in Bourton on the Water
- The seating arrangement in the dining room is flexible in both table location and size.
- All chairs are without arms
- Staff will be pleased to assist with menu choices. Please notify us in advance of special dietary requirements and we will aim to accommodate where possible.
- Breakfast is a mixture of waitress and self service but assistance can be provided.
- Height to the underside of the tables is 730mm
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting
- Guests are free to use the patio area behind the house which catches the afternoon and evening sun.
- The area is level to the ground floor with a single step access from the conservatory (or level from the parking area)
- Tables and chairs are provided weather permitting.
- The area is not lit at night.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- Small meeting facilities can be provided in the dining room during the day.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
- Guests will be shown into their bedrooms on arrival.
- Guest information folders are provided in each room.
- All bedrooms have good space by at least one side of the bed. Some have easy chairs or a settee.
- There are no designated rooms with specific wheelchair access.
- All bedroom doors are 730mm wide.
- The ground floor bedroom has a small entrance step.
- All rooms have TV with remote control that can be viewed from the bed.
- All rooms and ensuites are individually designed so please contact us to discuss the layouts.
- Hot drinks making facilities are in each room.
- Pillows are feather free. Feather pillows are available on request.
- Details of fire procedures are in each room.
Grounds and Gardens
- Ensuites are individually designed so please contact us for details.
- There are no specific aids or provisions however many feature large low threshold showers with good access on entry/ exit. Showers also have thermostatic mixer valves.
- The garden is level with a gravel path leading away from the patio to areas of lawn.
- Seating is provided on the patio weather permitting.
- The garden is of modest size in keeping with the size and village location.
- There are no water features.
- There is a fire procedure shown in the guest information in the bedrooms indicating the escape routes. Smoke alarms will sound in the event of a fire and emergency lighting will illuminate the stairways. Signs are available for bedroom doors where assistance may be required. Staff are trained to check these rooms and provide assistance.
- We are a non smoking establishment
- There is good mobile network coverage
- The two annexe rooms are immediately adjacent and private
- Medication can be stored in the fridges if required
- Emergency contact numbers are shown in the guest information folders along with useful local numbers.
- Service dogs can be accommodated but no pets permitted.
Bourton on the Water
Telephone: +44 (0)1451 821883
- We have just refurbished the property and we propose to listen to our guests feedback initially in order to plan further enhancements
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01451821883 or email email@example.com.